Your new wellspring of value
Do you have an adaptation team in place? Are you assessing and modeling your company's climate risks as part of a broader sustainability program, perhaps disclosing them to the market? If so and you're comfortable with the work, fantastic. You have taken the essential first step.
We can help one of three ways:
- Complementing that work with our Communications & Culture solution.
- An advisory role to inject the Deep Adaptability thinking and ensure your efforts never fall short.
- If you're a middle-market company with sustainable or ESG practices and do not yet have an adaptation team in place, our Consulting arm can step in with the Corporate Climate Adaptation Model, or C-CAM, developed by our founder-president Alexander Díaz and explained fully in this post and in the deck below.
The model's uniqueness and world-best effectiveness lies in the integration of three frameworks in one:
- TCFD to manage risks and opportunities.
- Our very own FIVE TASKS to manage people and stakeholders.
- The 4Rs of Jem Bendell's Deep Adaptation framework to integrate and execute all resilience actions.
C-CAM includes BASTION, our solution for facilities and the built environment. If there is a nexus in the world that calls for cutting edge, beyond code, Next Wave adaptation against post 1.5C extreme climate, it is the places and facilities where people live, work and play.
We rely on RELi as our guide. Yes, it's actually pronounced rely, and it's the world's new and most advanced adaptation standard for the built environment, administered by the U.S. Green Building Council. It informs and inspires our work because of its holistic approach to adaptation:
- Create adaptation against every type of climate change, beyond the one or two you may be focused on today.
- Prepare you for the progressively worse climate we will actually have, beyond that called by building codes.
- Extend beyond your physical facilities to integrate the human/social component, internal and external.
For the initial and ongoing risk assessments that guide our work, we collaborate with CRC, where Alex is an Advisory Board member. Its Risk Footprint solution is truly best-in-class.
View the presentation. Meet some of our collaborative organizations.
The American Society of Adaptation Professionals (ASAP) is the largest such trade group in the United States, with the most robust roster of service providers in the country. A fellow COMMON organization, we work hand in hand to select the firm(s) most suited for your needs.
The Deep Adaptation Forum brings a perspective to your table that is unique on the planet, a team of top-notch facilitators with a willingness to follow the climate science where others don't dare, and coach your team to do the same. A C-CAM starting point.
CRC's Risk Footprint is one-of-a-kind in the crowded market of risk assessment AI technologies. It provides clear data on each individual property site, does not shy from contemplating worst-case disaster risks you must prepare for, and can model well into the future.
NOBL, also a leading COMMON member, is one of the world's most innovative and trendsetting org-culture firms, with a unique people-centered approach that is ideally suited for the climate-adaptation challenge, including a one-of-a-kind resilience module.